Saturday, August 15, 2009

Grammartalk 1, Page 1

A: Do you always sleep on the floor?
B: No, but I'm sleeping on the floor today because my bed is broken.



















Present Simple Tense and Present Progressive Tense
1.
A: Are you sleeping on the floor?
B: Yes, I am. I’m very tired.
A: Do you always sleep on the floor?
B: No, I don’t, but I’m sleeping on the floor today.
A: Aren’t you feeling kind of uncomfortable?
B: Yes, I am. But my bed is broken.
2.
A: Are you using an old record player?
B: Yes, I am. I like to listen to music.
A: Do you usually use a record player?
B: No, I don’t. But I’m using a record player today.
A: Isn’t the sound kind of scratchy?
B: Yes, it is. But, unfortunately, my CD player is
broken.
3.
A: Is Jose wearing his old blue shirt today?
B: Yes, he is. He needs to get to work early.
A: Does he usually wear that old shirt?
B: No, he doesn’t. He never wears that shirt.
A: Why is he wearing it today?
B: He spilled soup on his new blue shirt.
4.
A: Is Maria riding her bicycle to school today?
B: Yes, she is. She has to be there in ten minutes.
A: Does she usually ride her bicycle to school?
It’s kind of dangerous.
B: She never rides her bicycle to school.
A: Why is she riding her bicycle today?
B: Her car is at the repair shop. It needs a tune up.
5.
A: Are Mr. and Mrs. Blue shopping downtown today?
B: Yes, they are. They need to buy a birthday
present for their daughter.
A: Do they usually shop downtown? The traffic is
heavy.
B: No, they never shop downtown.
A: They never shop downtown if they can avoid it.
B: I don’t know why they’re shopping downtown.
A: Maybe they’re buying something on sale.
6.
A: Are those your best dishes in the bathtub?
B: Yes, they are. I’m trying to be careful.
A: Do you always wash your dishes in the bathtub?
B: No, I never wash my dishes in the bathtub.
A: Then, why are you washing them in the bathtub
today?
B: My sink is broken, and the plumber is too busy.
7.
A: Are you and Pedro taking the bus to L.A.?
B: Yes, we are. We’re going to celebrate my mother’s
birthday.
A: Do you usually take the bus when you go there?
B: No, we don’t. But we’re taking the bus this time.
A: Why are you taking the bus? Isn’t it very slow?
B: Yes, it is, but we couldn’t get a plane reservation.
8.
A: Is the washing machine working today?
B: No, it isn’t. That’s why I’m washing my clothes at
the laundromat.
A: Do you usually wash your clothes at home?
B: I always wash my clothes at home when the
washer works.
A: I don’t have a washing machine.
B: That’s why you always wash your clothes at the
laundromat.
9.
A: Is Sylvia listening to the news on the radio?
B: Yes, she is. She wants to hear about the election.
A: Does she usually listen to the news on the radio?
B: No, she doesn’t. She usually watches the news on
TV.
A: Why isn’t she watching the news on TV now?
B: Unfortunately, her cousin is using her TV. Her
cousin is watching a football game.
10.
A: I’m looking for Tom Parker. Is he around?
B: He’s in room 6. He’s writing a report right now.
A: I looked for him in Room 6. He wasn’t there.
B: That’s strange. Tom usually writes reports on the
computer in Room 6.
A: I saw a repairman. He was fixing the computer in
Room 6.
B: That’s right. The computer is down. Try Room 7.

2 comments:

  1. Comments and questions are always welcome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks greatly. This website offer lots of possibilities for students to rehearse spelling, grammar, and writing. It will help students enhance their writing abilities while increasing their grades. I will make sure to share and bookmark the site. :)

    ReplyDelete

Followers