Friday, August 14, 2009

Grammartalk 3, Page 2














11.
A: I have to do a lot of things tomorrow.
B: What are you going to do?
A: I’m going to buy flowers for the wedding.
B: What about the food?
A: That’s another thing. I’m going to hire caterers.
B: Will there be music at the reception?
A: Of course. I’m going to ask Tom to play his guitar.
12.
A: Tom has other plans. He’s not going to come to the
wedding. He’s busy this weekend.
B: What is he going to do this weekend?
A: He’s going to paint his living room and his kitchen.
B: He’s certainly going to be busy.
A: I’ll have to find someone else to play music at the
reception.
B: That won’t be easy.
13.
A: What are you going to give your fiancee for her
birthday?
B: I don’t know. I can’t give her a necklace. I gave her a
necklace last year.
A: How about a bracelet?
B: No. I can’t give her a bracelet. I gave her a bracelet
two years ago.
A: Well, what are you going to give her?
B: I don’t know. I’ll really have to think about it.
14.
A: Are you going to cook spaghetti for the wedding?
B: No, I’m not. I cooked spaghetti at the last wedding.
It wasn’t very good.
A: Are you going to serve champagne?
B: Yes, I’m sure we’ll serve a lot of champagne.
A: What are you going to make for dessert?
B: I’m not sure yet, but I think we’ll make a chocolate
cake.
15.
A: Sylvia Reynolds will be our photographer.
B: Does she have a lot of experience with wedding
photography?
A: Yes, she does. I’m sure she’ll take beautiful
photographs.
B: About how many pictures is she going to take?
A: She’ll probably take about a hundred photos.
B: Then, you’re going to have a very nice scrapbook.
16.
A: Who will be the minister for the ceremony?
B: Our minister will be the Reverend Billy Boyd.
A: Is he going to speak for a long time?
B: His sermon is going to be around ten minutes.
A: That’s good. A ten minute sermon won’t put me to
sleep.
B: I read the sermon. It’ll be very nice. I think Jose and
Patty will like it.
17.
A: Jose, where are you going after you travel in
Colorado?
B: After that trip, we’ll return to San Francisco.
A: Will you try to get a job in the Bay Area?
B: I’m going to apply for several positions in Silicon
Valley.
A: Are you going to work in computers?
B: Yes, I’ll probably get a job as a computer programmer.
18.
A: You aren’t going to apply for the job in New York?
B: No, I’m not. I really don’t want to live there.
A: So, you won’t move to New York next year?
B: No, we’re going to stay in California if I can get a good
job here.
A: You’ll probably get a good job in the Bay Area.
B: Yes, I think IBM will hire me. I’m going to get in touch
with them tomorrow.
19.
A: Will the soup be ready soon?
B: Yes, it will. It’ll be ready in a few minutes.
A: The ceremony is over. The guests will be here any
minute.
B: While it’s cooking, I’ll make the sandwiches.
A: We’ll have to hurry. The guests are going to be
hungry.
B: I’m going to have a headache if you keep nagging me.
20.
A: The weather is very nice today. We can have the
reception in our back yard.
B: But, it’s going to snow in Colorado.
A: Oh, dear. Jose and Patty will be there.
B: It’s going to be the worst snow storm in ten years.
A: Jose and Patty will have to stay in their hotel.
B: They’ll have to pack extra jackets and scarves.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers