Friday, August 14, 2009

Grammartalk 4, Page 2 - Superlative


















11.
A: I think your cousin is very friendly.
B: He certainly is. He’s the friendliest person I know.
A: He’s also very intelligent.
B: Yes. He’s the most intelligent person in the class.
A: Your cousin is the nicest person in our neighborhood.
B: He’s also the best tennis player in our neighborhood.
12.
A: May I help you?
B: Yes, please. I want to buy a large refrigerator.
A: I think you’ll like this one. It’s very large.
B: Don’t you have a larger one?
A: No, I’m afraid not. This is the largest one we have.
B: Thank you anyway.
A: Sorry we can’t help you. Please come again.
13.
A: I think your neighbors are very considerate.
B: You’re right. They’re the most considerate people I
know.
A: They’re also very quiet.
B: I agree. They’re the quietest neighbors on the block.
A: They’re also very friendly.
B: You’re right. They’re the friendliest people in town.
14.
A: Are you disappointed with your car?
B: Yes, I am. It’s the worst car I’ve ever had.
A: I agree. I think your car is very ugly.
B: It certainly is. It’s the ugliest car I’ve seen.
A: Couldn’t you find a better used car?
B: No, I couldn’t. I hate to say it, but this car is the best
one I could find.
15.
A: May I help you find something?
B: Yes. I’m looking for a comfortable sofa.
A: I think you’ll like this one. It’s very comfortable.
B: Don’t you have a more comfortable one?
A: No. This is the most comfortable one we have.
B: Do you have a more attractive one?
A: This sofa is the most modern one in this city.
B: I’m not very interested in modern sofas. I want the
best one for my apartment.
16.
A: You don’t think this sofa is attractive?
B: No. I want the most attractive one you have.
A: This sofa is the most attractive one in the store.
B: It’s the least attractive sofa I’ve seen.
A: I think you would be happier if you went to a different
store.
B: But, your store is in the most convenient location.
17.
A: The Bargain Store is the cheapest store in town.
B: Although it’s the cheapest, it isn’t the most popular.
A: Why isn’t it the most popular?
B: The appliances aren’t very dependable.
A: Where are the most dependable appliances?
B: The Big Name Store has the most dependable
appliances.
18.
A: The products at the Bargain Store are the worst in
town.
B: No wonder people don’t like to shop there.
A: They have the least helpful salespeople in town.
B: That’s terrible. The salespeople should be more
helpful.
A: The Big Name Store, on the other hand, has the best
products in town.
19.
A: The Saver Store is the most popular store in town.
B: Why is The Saver Store the most popular one?
A: The clothes aren’t the most fashionable you can buy.
B: They aren’t the most fashionable?
A: The CD players aren’t the best you can buy.
B: They aren’t the best? Then, why shop there?
A: Their location is the most convenient, and their
salespeople are the friendliest.
20.
A: Who is the most important person in your country’s
history?
B: I think George Washington is the most important.
A: What is the funniest TV program, in your opinion?
B: I think “Saturday Night Live” is the funniest one.
A: In your opinion, what is the most interesting tourist
sight in San Francisco?
B: I think Mission Dolores is the most interesting tourist
sight.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers